Kerry's Ten Commandments
John Kerry has my vote. What choice do I have? Seriously. This is the Klingon's Choice - die quickly or die slowly.Uncommon Sense
But if John Kerry wants my support, if he wants to win a bijillion votes and set this country on fire and send the current administration of thugs packing, here's what he needs to do and say:
1. Anyone from the current adminstration found to have condoned, authorized, or participated in the violation of any domestic or international law, all the way up to and including the current president, shall be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.
2. This nation's treasure and resources - material, intellectual, and spiritual - shall be devoted to finding alternative sources of energy that will end, once and for all, our dependence on foreign powers. No stone shall remain unturned in this quest for the future of our nation.
3. A military draft shall only be instituted in times of immediate domestic peril from an overwhelming foreign power.
4. Our military shall receive the support it needs to accomplish its mission. Its mission shall not require of it the invasion of countries that do not pose a domestic threat to America, and it shall no longer be required to pursue messianic goals of world domination or to protect the illegal activities of American corporations - those who sow the wind shall reap the whirlwind.
5. The Patriot Act and all its provisions shall be repealed. In its place shall be a domestic law enforcement act designed to truly protect America from terrorism without violating the Bill of Rights. Such provisions will not be enacted without full Federal funding.
6. Public funding of political campaigns shall become the law of the land.
7. Those most able to pay taxes shall pay the burden of those least able. Any individual or corporation that moves offshore to avoid paying their fair share of taxes shall be required to relinquish citizenship in this country.
8. Adequate health care and a living wage shall be defined as basic human rights.
9. Transparency of government shall be restored and expanded.
10. I shall prepare this nation for global climate change by setting aside during these years of plenty for the lean years to come.
I can't improve it, merely pass it along...